SCOR Global P&C is making a number of changes to its organizational structure to be more responsive on a regional basis, according to SCOR Global P&C CEO Jean-Paul Conoscente, who sent a message to clients on Friday, Oct. 2.
“We aim at being more agile to faster adapt to the evolutions of markets with different levels of socioeconomic maturity, varied reinsurance market dynamics and increasing local regulatory pressures,” said Conoscente in the client letter. “In this context, we have decided to reinforce our regional structures to promote stronger regional views across all the P&C functions and platforms and to tailor our global strategies to the local realities.”
New positions of P&C Regional Heads – of EMEA and the Americas respectively – have been created in addition to the existing APAC organization. In addition, reinsurance teams have been reorganized into four different regions with more homogenous client needs. These are: Europe, North America, APAC Mature markets, and Fast-Growth markets.
On a global scale, the changes within the Reinsurance Treaty management team also include the creation of a global chief client officer to reinforce the internal infrastructure around client management, said Conoscente, adding that other transversal organizations are being strengthened to back this reorganization and to support SCOR Global P&C’s focus areas for further development and improvement.
Effective Oct. 1, new regional heads, who will closely collaborate with the Global function heads, are:
- Stuart McMurdo is promoted to Regional Head – EMEA (encompassing Europe and MEA), in addition to his current role of Regional CEO for EMEA for Specialty Insurance.
- John Jenkins is promoted to Regional Head – Americas (encompassing North and South America), in addition to his current role of CEO of Reinsurance for the Americas.
Changes within the reinsurance organization, under the leadership of the CEO Michel Blanc and the Deputy CEO Umberto Gavazzi, are:
- Europe: Anne-Marie Cical is promoted to regional chief underwriting officer with Charles Bartlett as deputy regional CUO.
- North America: Nick Nudo is promoted to regional CUO.
- APAC Mature market: David Johnstone is promoted to regional CUO.
Fast Growth markets: Eric Jenck is promoted to regional CUO with Pierre Favennec as deputy regional CUO. This new region encompasses Middle East and Africa led by Hedi Hachicha; Latin America and the Caribbean led by James Grieve; and APAC Emerging Markets led by Mukul Kishore.
In addition to these regional changes, Frank Coglianese is promoted to global chief client officer.
Within the P&C Partners, Pricing & Modelling and other transversal organizations, the following promotions have been made:
- Benoit Liot is promoted to chief retrocession officer.
- Doug Lacoss is promoted to global head of Pricing & Modelling Designate.
- Guilhem Horvath succeeds Pierre Favennec as head of Strategy, Business development and Marketing.
These changes will allow us to deepen our client relationships and continue to work even more closely with all our partners, while strengthening our organization worldwide.
Source: Insurance Journal
AXA is making new environmental commitments in order to combat the threat of deforestation.